PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation has multiple construction projects going on this weekend that may impact your driving plans.
On their website, ADOT reported the following closures and restrictions:
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) and Avondale Boulevard in the West Valley from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday (May 2) for pavement improvement project. Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Northbound Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) ramps to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramps at 67th, 75th and 83rd avenues also closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- DETOUR: Consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local routes, including westbound McDowell or Buckeye roads. Also Note: Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound I-10 closed from 9 pm Friday to 7 pm Saturday (April 30). Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Thomas Road also closed. Consider exiting southbound Loop 101 at Indian School or Thomas roads and using local alternate routes.
- Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed between US 60 and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in the Tempe/Chandler area from 10 pm Friday to 4 am Monday (May 2) for pavement maintenance. Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 101 closed. The southbound Loop 101 ramps to US 60 (both directions) will remain open. Expect heavy traffic and delays.
- DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can detour along southbound Price frontage road (exit at Southern Avenue). Drivers can also consider using local routes including southbound Dobson Road or McClintock Drive.
- All I-17 on- and off-ramps at Greenway Road closed from 9 pm Thursday (April 28) to 5 am Monday (May 2) for regional drainage project. Greenway Road also closed in both directions related I-17. Plan for frontage road closures (both directions) between Thunderbird and Greenway roads.
- DETOUR: Consider using Bell or Cactus roads while Greenway Road is closed. Consider using 19th or 35th avenues as north- or southbound alternate routes. Note: The southbound I-17 on-ramp at Thunderbird Road is closed at this time. Eastbound Greenway Rd has been closed near I-17 this week and will remain so as part of this weekend’s construction.
- Eastbound I-10 to one lane between Watson Road and Verrado Way in Buckeye from 9 pm Friday to 9 am Saturday (April 30) for widening project.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely when all work zones.
- Westbound I-10 to three lanes between Broadway Road and 48th Street from 10 pm Friday to 5 pm Saturday (April 30) for bridge work as part of I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project.
- DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and use caution in all work zones. Note: The Guadalupe Road bridge over I-10 closed from 6 am to 3 pm Sunday (May 1) for construction. Alternate routes include Elliot Road.
- Southbound Loop 303 ramp to Grand Avenue (US 60) in the Surprise area closed from 3 am to noon Saturday (April 30) for barrier wall repairs.
- DETOUR: Drivers on southbound Loop 303 can instead exit to eastbound Bell Road to reach Grand Avenue.